Last updated: August 31, 2015
- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Personal InformationPersonal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, residential address, personal email address, or personal phone number. Most of the information collected on this Website is business information such as company name, title, company address, business telephone number, and business email address. We do not collect personal information from you unless you supply it voluntary such as when you communicate with us using your personal email address; when you enter a contest or sweepstakes and provide personal information; when you register for a newsletter; or when you provide personal information on the Website. The types of personal information that may be requested include name, date of birth, social security number, personal address, personal telephone number, or other relevant information.
- Non-Personal InformationOur Website captures certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, time and date you visit, the pages you access, and the address of the page that directed you to our Website. We use this data to understand patterns of Website activity and to improve the Website so it is more useful for you. This information is not linked in any way to your personal information.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION DISSEMINATION
- When we are under a legal compulsion to do so (e.g., we have received a subpoena) or we otherwise believe that the law requires us to do so;
- When we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of Rittal North America, our users or others; or
Additionally, in the event that Rittal North America is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Rittal North America is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity. We may also transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
- COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Rittal North America Website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION
We recognize our responsibility to protect the personal information you entrust to us. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personal information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. While we take precautions against possible breaches in our Website and customer databases, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur and cannot be held liable for any unauthorized access or use of the data you have supplied to us. Your use of our Website is at your own risk. We urge you to take steps to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FROM CHILDREN
Rittal North America’s web site is not intended for or marketed to persons under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Rittal North America and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
- RITTAL North America’S RIGHT TO CONTACT USERS
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third party websites not under the control of Rittal North America, which may contain information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Rittal North America of the contents on such third-party Websites. Rittal North America is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. Accordingly, Rittal North America is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, legitimacy or decency of material contained in web sites which may be accessible via a Hyperlink to or from this Website or for the Hyperlink itself.If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at you own risk. Rittal North America cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website, since these sites are owned and operated by independent third-parties. Rittal North America does not endorse any of the products/services, nor has Rittal North America taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. Rittal North America does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information you might be requested to give any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Rittal North America with respect to such sites. Rittal North America strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
- CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ASKING QUESTIONS AND PROVIDING FEEDBACK REGARDING PRIVACY
Rittal North America
425 N Martingale Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173